In 1988, top course designer Gene Hamm combined his talents with a beautiful piece of rolling farmland to create a spectacular golf course - Reedy Creek. His design built upon the unique features and natural beauty of the property. The result is a course which reveals a different aspect of its personality with each hole.
It has consistently been rated as one of eastern North Carolina's top public golf courses and is annually recognized as one of Golf Digest's "Places to Play." The mild winters of this area allow the course to be open for play year round. The 18 hole, par 72 course is 6,426 yards from the back tees. You will find it challenging, yet very playable and a great value.
If you’re interested in sharing a fun and thrilling time with friends and colleagues, there’s no better opportunity than a golf tournament or outing at Reedy Creek. Our unique 18-hole course allows everyone to participate. Our brand-new pro shop, opened in November of 2017, is fully stocked with all of the golf essentials that you will need for your round. Our snack bar and grill offers "on the turn" favorites sure to quench your thirst and satisfy your hunger.
We hope you’ll take some time to explore the many sides of Reedy Creek Golf Course. It’s never too late to begin enjoying the game of golf. And it’s never too late to enjoy some of the best golf in North Carolina. See you on the course!
Yardages, Slopes, and Ratings:
- Blue Tees: 6426, 70.6, 132
- White Tees: 6004, 124, 68.5
- Gold Tees: 5403, 115, 65.6
- Red Tees: 4632, 114, 67.0
Reedy Creek has its own free mobile app that can greatly enhance your golfing experience. You can book your tee times, track your score, get pointers on how to play each hole, view our snack bar menu, and maneuver your way around the course with the free GPS! You can also keep up with the scores of other groups on the course with our live scoring option. If you have a smartphone, our free mobile app is a must the next time you play Reedy Creek.
Awards & Accolades:
- Recognized as the 7th most improved golf course in the United States for 2015 by Golf Advisor
- Annually recognized as one of Golf Digest's "Places to Play"
- Considered one of eastern North Carolina's premier public golf courses
- Voted top golf course in Johnston County by readers of The Smithfield Herald in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. (Reader's choice voting ended in 2008.)